Monday 8 February 2016

Review of Play Me by Katie McCoy





Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Author: Katie McCoy

Release Date: January 25th, 2016
Blurb:
1 Chef (equal parts sexy and carefree) 
1 Pianist (equal parts uptight and endearing) 
1/8 inch of drywall between their apartments 
2 opinions on everything 

Combine all ingredients, mix vigorously, and be prepared for an explosion of heat. 

Pianist Ella Thomas is training for the competition of her life. Finally in an apartment of her own, she can practice from dawn till dusk. 
But she didn't bet on the sexy and frustrating neighbor keeping her up all night - even if he does cook like a maestro and kiss like it’s his job. 

Jake Matson is living his dream as Head Chef at one of the most popular restaurants in San Francisco. He's easy going, flirtatious and not looking for love. He didn't expect to be completely distracted by the girl next door, whose buttoned-up appearance hides the seductive firecracker underneath. 

What happens when opposites attract? As their tension fires up, can they create a new kind of music together or will everything boil over?



Review

Katie McCoy was brought to my attention by Amazon when she released her first book Game On. It was one of those random clicks on a suggested book simply because I liked the cover. That is one click I do not regret and I’ve been looking forward to Play Me ever since it was announced.
Ella Thomas comes off as being a little uptight and she definitely lacks self-confidence. She feels out of place in here family, a bit like a black sheep for having chosen different music genre than the rest of her family. On top of that she just might have acquired the worst teacher in the entire city and even had a relationship with him. However, it’s a real pleasure to watch this young lady blossom and find her stride as the story progress.
If I wasn’t already married, I’d absolutely fight Ella for Jake Matson. Who in their right mind wouldn’t love a boyfriend who is hot as sin and can cook AND bake to boot? As if that wasn’t enough the man likes children and knows how to hang with them. He is not perfect though and there was a point where I would happily have smacked him silly.

Katie McCoy has created a book that left me smiling and feeling warm and happy. Play Me is a lighthearted and easygoing read and it is a book I will pull up on my kindle when I need to lighten my mood or just relax with something feel-good. This is an up-and-coming author and I have no doubt that we will see more excellent work from her and I for one will one-click next time she releases a book.



No comments:

Post a Comment