Sunday 18 January 2015

The Enforcer by Nikki Worrell

I love ice hockey. And I love books about romance and hockey, so I was looking forward to reading The Enforcer - sadly I was rather disappointed with it and after chapter 7 I skimmed the rest...just to make sure, I didn't miss out on anything. I didn't.

The storyline itself is cute - your run of the mill romance story that you have read tons of times before but still love and crave as a romance addict. Unfortunately the characters and writing are not that impressive.

The characters lack a dimension and therefore come off as being boring and flat. Still, the thing that made my interest wander was the writing. The author should have let the characters tell the story through dialogue, but instead it's paragraph after paragraph of narrator monologue.

I give this book 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment