Thursday 21 July 2016

Title: Give Me This
Series: It’s Kind Of Personal #5
Author: Anna Brooks
Release Date: Aug 2016
Add to Goodreads
One truth can explain everything.

Declan Kelly has spent his entire adult life saving people, all the while avoiding any real connections or emotions. He’s already been destroyed once, and after she ruined him, he knows he’ll never love again.

Almost two decades later, Declan moves back home to raise his daughter around his family. He tried to prepare himself for how he would react when he saw Amie, but could never have anticipated just how hard it would be to remain unaffected.

Amie Dotson knew from the moment she lied that Dec wouldn’t forgive her… but she didn’t want him to. Lying was easier than the truth because he would have stayed for her, and she didn’t want him to miss out on his dreams because of her.

Harboring more than one secret, Amie tries to avoid Declan when she discovers he’s back in town, but when he sees the evidence marring her body, she knows he’ll do whatever it takes to remove the fear from her eyes.

When the truth is revealed, can two people finally find the happiness they lost but never forgot?
The same cab company I called this morning is picking me up in ten minutes, so I go outside to wait but come to a halt when I see Declan leaning against his car, looking pissed. Sexy and hot, but pissed. My feet move me to stand in front of him; an involuntary force pulls me to him even though I don’t want to. He doesn’t need me interrupting his happy life.  
His arms are crossed, his ankles are crossed, and his eyes are drilling into me. “Get in the car.”
I lick my lips, and his eyes follow my tongue. “I have a cab on the way.”
“Get in the car, Amie.”
I flinch at his angry tone, and his face softens. “You know I’d never, ever hurt you, honey. I’d fuckin’ rip my own nails off with pliers before I let any harm come to you.”
I know he’d never lay a hand on me in anger. He’s always treated me like a damn princess. “Declan, I—”
“Tell me you know that, Amie.”
My voice softens. “I know that, D.”
“Good.” He straightens again. “You wanna do this here?”
“Do what?”
“I gave you last night. But now you’re going to tell me why the fuck you’re with Larry fucking Foster.”
I hesitate, and he sees it. He always saw everything.
“So again, you wanna do this here, or do you want to get in the car so I can take you back to my place where you can explain it to me?”
Just then, the cab pulls up, and I start to back away from him and head toward the yellow vehicle. I don’t want to tell him. I can’t tell him. I can’t say it out loud because if I do, it shows how pitiful I am. How the person I used to be is nothing but a hollow version of a girl with a broken heart.
“Don’t think about it, Amie. I will throw you over my shoulder if you even try to run away from me again.” 
I'm really pretty boring. I'm a Coastie wife and a mother who loves to write romance. 
I don't have much spare time because my boys have a better social life than I do, and I'm usually busy playing chauffeur or being a cheerleader to one of the many sports they're involved in. 
I was born in Wisconsin but now live on the West Coast.  I'm an animal lover, wannabe Rock Chick, Diet Dr Pepper addict, and stealer of pens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment