Saturday 26 March 2016

DOUBLE DOG DARE: Mack and Allison - Friends to Lovers (Southern Seductions Book 4)DOUBLE DOG DARE: Mack and Allison - Friends to Lovers by J.A. Coffey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

J.A. Coffey blazed into my life with this book which was the first book I have read by this author. I picked it up due to the blurb and thankfully it did not disappoint me.

Allison Dare is my kind of leading lady - plenty of attitude in a small delicious (well, Mack seems to think so) packet. Ex military she is used to being in charge and becoming the adopted parent of a disobedient puppy does not sit well with her. However, the endearing thing is it is not because the puppy behaves like a puppy...no, she is terrified of the poor thing being harmed while under her command.

Mack Taylor lost his K-9 partner along with his leg while on active duty - one gets the feeling that he grieves the loss of the dog more than the leg - and that tells a lot about what kind of a man Mack is. Reluctant when it comes to a relationship Mack does not stand a chance when meeting Miss Dare.

The story is predictable and presents a HEA - and that is what I like about it. It's straight forward, easy romance for a rainy day.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment